Informed by modern science, valuing ancient wisdom, rooted in mindfulness and compassion, influenced by experience.
~ Nervous system health and stress educator.
~ Certified Yoga, Pilates and mindful movement instructor.
~ Certified in Movement for Trauma
~ Massage Therapist.
I am thankful to have provided my yoga and movement services for wide variety of people in diverse settings — athletic teams, physical therapy practices, college courses, senior fitness groups, volunteering in homeless outreach programs, addiction and mental health recovery programs and more.
I have worked alongside and learned a lot from physical therapists, coaches, physicians and psychotherapists for the majority of my 20+ year career to support people through their therapeutic, performance, health and wellness endeavors.
I am currently a yoga and movement instructor and lecturer/educator at the renowned recovery center in Wickenburg Arizona, The Meadows.
Certifications and Advanced Training/Education:
- Certified Yoga Instructor – 200 hour (teacher, Brooke Boon)
- Certified in Movement for Trauma – Jane Clapp (trauma specialist)
- Certified in Mindfulness-Based Yoga Therapy for Eating Disorders – Inner Door
- Certified Massage Therapist – Phoenix College
- Certified in Pain Care Yoga (level 1 and 2) – Neil Pearson, Life is Now
- Course – Nervous System/Trauma – Irene Lyon (Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Feldenkrais Instructor)
- Continuing Education in application of biomechanics for yoga and movement (mentoring, student, workshops) – Jules Mitchell Yoga
- Course – Neuroscience of Self-Compassion – Kelly McGonigal
- Contemplative Psychology training – Karuna Training
- Course – Yoga for Emotional Balance, Bo Forbes (psychologist, yoga therapist)
- Certificate – Mindfulness for Addiction – Tara Brach (psychologist and mindfulness meditation teacher)
- Certified Pilates Mat and Apparatus Instructor – Physical Mind Institute, Balanced Body University
- Certified Postural Alignment Specialist – Egoscue Method
- Course -Developing Interoception: Creating Embodiment Through Somatics –James Knight (Hanna Somatic Educator)
- Workshop – Somatics in Yoga with Dr. Staffan Elgelid